IB World School
Archbishop Spalding High School is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School. We are currently offering the Diploma Programme to juniors and seniors. Our authorization is a considerable accomplishment that involved all stakeholders of the school. It is an honor to join the ranks of more than 1,500 schools in the United States and almost 3,700 worldwide that are IB World Schools. For more detailed information about the IB DP please visit: www.ibo.org
What is the IB Diploma Programme (DP)?
The IB DP is a balanced and academically challenging programme of education with rigorous assessment designed for junior and senior students. The DP prepares students for success in higher education and beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and ethical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups.
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education.
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own.
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay.
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
IB Webpage for Parents
The International Baccalaurate Orgaization has created a new webpage dedicated to helping parents understand, and make the most of, the programmes it offers. Here, you will find information and FAQs about the programmes, plus recommended resources, research, advice on how to get transcripts, how to help students prepare for the move to higher education, and much more. http://www.ibo.org/en/information-for-parents/
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Angela Bentzley, IB Coordinator: email@example.com